We've Made Plans for Student Success!
Jointly Developed Plans and Decisions for 2017-2018
For the 2017-2018 school year, parents and guardians of students in Autauga County Schools Title I schools worked with district staff to develop the ACBOE 2017-2018 Title I Parent and family Engagement Plan. This plan establishes the district's expectations for quality family engagement, and guides the strategies and resources that will build school-parent partnerships. It describes the district's commitment to partner with families in the education of their children, and to strengthen the ability of schools to implement activities that support children in achieving academic success.
For more information, and to provide feedback, please contact
Rachel Surles, Federal Programs Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org 334.365.570. EX 10018
Title I: Parent and Family Engagement
Autauga County Schools recognizes the importance of parents being involved in their child’s academic experience and in working in partnership with the school to impact the academic achievement of students. We believe that positive, engaged relationships are crucial to the success of students, teachers, and parents, and that the family and community must be involved in the education of children.
Research has consistently shown that parental engagement with schools makes a positive difference in student achievement.
Most children have two main educators in their lives – their parents/guardians, and their teachers. Parents/guardians are the prime educators until the child starts school, and they remain the major influence on their children’s learning throughout their child's schooling. The school and parents both have crucial roles to play.
Children achieve more when schools and parents work together. Parents and educators can support students more effectively if they are engaged in setting goals and planning for learning, and communicate with one another about student learning.
What do Title I schools offer parents?
Currently, Autauga County Schools has 6 Title I schools, all of which are schoolwide. This means that all staff, families and students of the school are served through Title I. One of the major Title I requirements of schools is to create opportunities that engage parents in the planning and implementation of parent partnership opportunities, to provide resources, and to work as partners in the education of their children. The parent engagement requirements for schools and districts serving students through Title I consist of:
• a plan developed jointly with parents, which includes plans for parent involvement activities and district commitments to parents and schools that encompasses all Title I requirements and implements the input of, and feedback from, parents in the development of the policy
• the plan is distributed, and made available in multiple ways, to all parents of students in Title I schools and to the local community, and is presented at each school’s Annual Title I Parent Involvement Meeting
School Parent and Family Engagement Plan
• a plan developed jointly at each school with parents, which describes parent engagement opportunities and school commitments that encompass all Title I requirements and incorporates parent input and feedback in the development of the policy
• distributed to all parents and made available to the local community, and is presented at the Annual Title I Parent Involvement Meeting
• view Title I school parental involvement policies on each school website
• outlines how parents, school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement
• includes the means by which the school and parents will build and develop partnerships to help children achieve the state’s high standards
• view Title I school Compacts on each school website
• offers an explanation of the Title I program, and information on all components of the program particular to each school
• includes a review and explanation of the school’s and district’s parent involvement policies, compacts, parent involvement budgets, parental rights, and more
• all parents of students enrolled in Title I Paulding County schools are invited to the school meeting; notification of meeting is made through invitations sent home with students, the school website, phone/text notifications, and posted bulletins; meetings are offered at each school and are held by the end of October
• parental notifications will be offered in an understandable format, and upon request and as practicable, in a language that parents can understand; the Paulding County School District website offers a language translation tool that applies to all printed materials posted on the website(s) (please see the SELECT LANGUAGE tab at the top of this webpage)
• frequent communication of student progress, along with two scheduled parent/teacher conferences
• monthly informational newsletters, featuring helpful information on how parents/guardians can work with their child to support academic success, a calendar of events, and more
• invitations to all planned parent or family events are extended to all parents/guardians of students in Title I schools through phone calls/texts, bulletins, the school website, invitation notices and newsletters
Autauga County Schools Title I schools are committed to providing information, activities, and resources to enable parents to be involved in their child’s academic experience. Please contact your child’s school to learn about the opportunities that are available, and how parents can be involved, at your child’s school.
If you would like more information or have questions in regards to Title I Parental Involvement, please contact Rachel Surles, Federal program Administrator at 334-365-5706/ email@example.com