2023 Candidate Search Information
POINTS OF PRIDE
- Eight Purple Star Schools
- Scored 100% academic growth on ALSDE's state report card
- 14 career tech clusters, including a Future Teachers of Alabama program
- 2023 National Merit Scholar
- National Board Certified Teachers
- Nine First-Class PreK classrooms and virtual learning platform
- Fine Arts opportunities with Nascar and Kentucky Derby performances
- Undefeated sports teams and AHSAA's 1A Player of the Year
- Award-winning positive behavior support models
- Strong community partnerships with city, county, chamber, education foundation, and private organizations
The Autauga County Board of Education is seeking an experienced leader with strong interpersonal and administrative skills to work with the school board to plan, develop, and maintain the best possible educational programs and services for students, with an emphasis on improving academic achievement as indicated in the Notice of Vacancy. To download the complete candidate search package, click here.
Alabama law requires the Superintendent be chosen for general fitness and character and be knowledgeable in school administration. Autauga County Schools' minimum qualifications include:
- Possession of or eligibility for the appropriate certification to serve as a Superintendent in the state of Alabama
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of ten years in public education, including classroom experience and at least five years as a school or district administrator
- Eligibility to be bonded by the school system’s insurance carrier
The total compensation package, inclusive of salary, is $160,000 - $180,000 depending on circumstances of the selected individual.
All applicants must complete, print, sign, and submit the application along with a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of six references via email or hand deliver to 153 West Fourth Street Prattville, AL 36067.
- Application Deadline: June 16, 2023 @ 4:00 p.m. CST
- Interviews: June 20-22, 2023
- Hiring Announcement: June 29, 2023
The Autauga County Board of Education reserves the right to modify any ands all timelines. For additional information regarding Autauga County Schools' Superintendent Search, contact Dr. Daniel Boyd, Search Committee Chairman and Interim Superintendent.